The statement of the Prophet Mohammad (saws): Islam is based on five principles. Narrated by Ibn Umar (raa): ALLAH's Messenger (saws) said: Islam is based on (the following) five principles:
- To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but ALLAH (swt) and Muhammad is the Messenger of ALLAH.
- To offer the compulsory congregational prayers dutifully and perfectly.
- To pay Zakat (a certain fixed proportion of the wealth and of the each and every kind of the property liable to Zakat of a Muslim to be paid yearly for the benefit of the poor in the Muslim community.
- To observe fasts according to Islamic teachings during the month of Ramadan.
- To perform Hajj (i.e. pilgrimage to Macca).
- His Angels,
- His Messengers,
- His revealed Books,
- The Day of Resurrection, and
- Al Qadar (Divine preordainments i.e. whatever ALLAH (swt) has ordained must come to pass.
References to the most authentic Hadith by:
- Sahih Al-Bukhari
- Sahih Muslim
- Muwatta Imam Malik
- Forty Hadith Qudsi
- Forty Hadith on the Islamic personality
|Search in the Hadith|